Our one-on-one reading program uses a proven “back to the basics” method developed by Cliff Ponder, founder of the elite Academic Associates® Reading Program. Over 230 centers, schools, and private instructors have practiced this methodology in the United States and other countries around the world. Students who go through our program typically gain two reading grade levels in just 30 hours.*
Students are gently led through a series of easy steps. Using this effective phonics approach, students will read correctly and efficiently. As they read, they are taught simple techniques for understanding what they read. Reading becomes a logical and uncomplicated process. If this sounds simple, it is!
*Students generally receive instruction at least twice a week for one hour per session.
Students in our program
read, grow, and succeed!
In lesson one, nearly every student, even those with severe learning disabilities, will read at least 300 words. By lesson 13, most fifth-graders through adults read and spell college-level words, and comprehend material written in their own grade-level or higher. Through our program, students will be led through the stages of reading development:
- Stage 1 – Initial Decoding
- An understanding of the phonetic structure of the English language is vital to becoming a good reader.
- Stage 2 – Fluency
- When the decoding process becomes automatic (strong development in speed and accuracy), attention is freed for higher level reading comprehension skills
- Stage 3 – Meaningful Reading
- Fluent readers at this stage are able to engage in understanding content and expand their knowledge base.
- Stage 4 – Relationships and Viewpoints
- Readers experience the higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomies, making appropriate connections and analyses .
- Stage 5 – Synthesis & Evaluation
- Evaluating text and generating one’s own thoughts and hypotheses are exercised.
Our philosophy is simple: Teach at a pace where the student can understand and master each level before moving on to the next. This way, students can grow as a reader and feel successful while being motivated to advance in their skills, and in the end, attain mastery… Success! Read. Grow. Succeed.
While other centers charge up to $200 for the initial assessment, OUR READING ASSESSMENT IS ALWAYS FREE. Along with your free assessment, you will also receive a thorough and FREE CONSULTATION with NO OBLIGATION.
…learned to read in 4 hours and was able to read 100 words. Her confidence is soaring.
“He needs to read at his grade level.”
…no longer needed to be pulled out for reading in school, became an honor roll student each quarter, graduated program at 10-11th grade reading level in 5 months, went from being towards the bottom of his class to being towards the top of his entire 6th grade class on standardized test scores
“I want him to be ready for kindergarten. I don’t want him to struggle.”
…learned to read after only 3 short hours- before kindergarten
Her mother brought her so she could do better at reading and spelling.
…tested at grade 6 reading level- a gain of 4.5 years after 48 hours. She has been on the honor roll at school.
“She’s fine reading, but when she needs help, I can’t teach her very well because I grew up speaking a different language.”
…began reading at a 5th grade reading level after only 30 hours!!